Categories
Search
Bottom

WXR importing best practices?

• prokoudine
    Participant

@prokoudine

Hi,

Are there some kind of best practices re moving content between two installations of WordPress/bbPress with matching versions?

Let’s say I need to move users and their bbPress posts from one host to another. Naturally, I’d go for WXR. Except it doesn’t work exactly as expected.

After importing all users, forums, topics and replies I get a forum where all counts are correct, but content isn’t displayed (“This forum is empty.”, “Oh bother! No topics were found here!”).

OK, I’ve seen that before with other engines where I need to recreate indices. So I go to forum repair, but as soon I click “Recalculate last activity in each topic and forum”, all counts go to zero, and “Freshness” for each forum becomes “No Topics”. No matter what repairs I run next, all counts are at zero.

In the admin console the list of topics is blank indeed, but all replies are listed and not assigned to any topic.

Obviously, I’m not the first person to try doing this. How did you solve that?

Or maybe there’s a better way to merge databases?

Both hosts have WordPress 3.5.1 and bbPress 2.2.4. Recipient host has WordPress Importer 0.6.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar