Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WPMU compatability and mysql database during installation

• I’m currently running WPMU and am installing BBPress. Should I use my existing mysql database that I created during WMPU installation or should I create a new database and new user for BBPress.

Also, should I install BBPress Integration prior to installation or after?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I should probably clarify; I recently installed bbpress and it seemed to be working fine, however, there were no rss feeds, so now I am reinstalling

Mark

@delayedinsanity

Those are all questions that are best answered by yourself, actually.

Do you want to share users between wpmu and bbpress?

Do you want to (or even need to) access any WordPress capabilities from your bbpress install?

-In addition to wrapping bbPress with your WordPress template, do you actually need to use any WordPress built in functionality, or would it be easier to recreate the theme in bbPress and avoid the additional overhead of loading the entire wpmu system when your forums are accessed?

If you answered yes to the first question, then yes you should share the database. If you answered yes to the second question, explore the third before deciding on whether to integrate or not. If you decide to integrate, then the process is handled as you are installing, the part you would do after is ‘deep integration’ and you can’t do this before, it has to be done after the bb-config.php file is created.

Can someone take a look at loancure.org/forums and tell me what is wrong; i created a couple of posts but i get an error page when i try to click on the posts. Please help!

Did you fix the problem? I see the posts fine when I click on them.

Lol, I fixed the problem but have since abandoned the website; too much client work to be designing free homeowner help sites!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar