Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP/BB Integration Admin problem

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I have WP and bbPress integrated and have no problem logging in as admin in WP then also being admin in bbPress. I have the opposite problem (not really a problem): when I log into bbPress as a normal user, and I try to access wp-admin, it gives me an error about not having sufficient permissions. In wp-admin > users, I edited the permissions for the “normal” bbPress user, and he can act as admin at WP now. Never tried to admin bbPress as that user…

I think it’s probably something else: I did not require the hack you are suggesting to make this work.

In bbPress, does it say:

Welcome, admin! View your profileĀ» (Admin | Logout)

up top?

If it does, clicking the Admin link there will take you to the bbPress dashboard. Is that not happening for you?

With integration, you had to say during the installation what user you wanted to be the key master (adminstrator) in bbPress. Adminstrators in WP don’t automatically get admin status in bbPress. What I would suggest is finding out who is the key master in bbPress, login as them and add the user you want as admin with key master or admin status.

If you are unsure who is key master, I believe a search in the db should let you know, or just check out:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/185?replies=5#post-909

Trent

Go to your database in phpMyAdmin, in table wp_usermeta you will see this row:

user_id meta_key meta_value

1 bb_capabilities a:1:{s:6:"member";b:1;}

Change “meta_value” to: a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;}, So it will look like:

user_id meta_key meta_value

1 bb_capabilities a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;}

I got my wordpress working again by making the following change.

I changed this: a:1:{s:9:”keymaster”;b:1;}

to this: a:1:{s:13:”administrator”;b:1;}

Now I think I’ve got to figure out how to undo the bbpress installation and do it again properly. I too suppose I didn’t read the instructions carefully enough.

In my case, I want to integrate wordpress and bbpress. So I thought I was supposed to have the tables names be the same.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

To anyone reading in the future:

Please use different table prefixes for bbPress and WordPress. bb_ for bbPress and wp_ for WordPress are the defaults, for good reason. You can change them to something else if you like, but make sure they are different for WordPress, bbPress, and anything else you might install in that database.

Integration does not require the same table prefix, and using the same table prefix means bbPress will try to use WordPress tables (of the same name) that have already been created.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

chrishajer speaks truth.

We should probably check for this and stop it on install/integration.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar