Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP Super Cache doesn’t work with bbPress ALPHA

• I just downloaded and installed bbPress ALPHA.

All is working okay.

I read that WordPress wp-caching plugins should work, I just installed the WP SuperCache into /my-plugins/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-cache/

I logged in as Admin, went to ACTIVATE the plugin and received the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_option() in /home/uptownelite/forum.uptownelite.com/my-plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache.php on line 30

Any ideas why?

I thought WP caching plugins are suppose to work in bbPress ALPHA

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • There is a bunch of wp plugins that doesn’t work with bbpress. You click whatever bbpress link and you find out that you have installed a wp plugin that doesn’t work with bbpress. Last one I found was wp “Feed statistics”, it causes an error whenever you click a view in the views section.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

> I read that WordPress wp-caching plugins should work

Where did you read that? I never had the impression that WordPress plugins would work when installed in bbPress.

Ahhh, he istalled wp plugins in bbpress folder. Sorry, my post was referring to wp plugins that are installed in wp plugins. Some of them cause errors when you browse bbpress.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Not only won’t it work, you’ll find caching a forum vs a blog rather pointless unless you have very few members.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

@ganzua – do you have examples of plugins that do that?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar