WP cookies and user_login/user_nicename
My problem is that only users without caps in “user_login” can post to the forum.
The first sign of the problem after pressing “Submit” is in “validate_auth_cookie()” in “class.wp-auth.php” (via “bb-auth()” in “bb-posts.php”).
Specifically, the call to “get_user()” around line 77 is returning false, exiting at line 288 in “class.wp-users.php” .
To cover some of the obvious questions:
- I have flushed cookies and tried this on multiple browsers
- I have inserted the lines into bb-config.php that were suggested by the WP bbPress integration plugin
- I have all the secret keys defined on both sides
- I have “define(‘WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION’, 1);” in bb-config.php
- I am using deep integration, but get the same result without it
- I get the same result with the standard bbPress theme
UPDATE: it really is about the caps. For user_nicename “reboot”…
- user_login = rebootzzz CAN post
- user_login = rebootZZZ can NOT post
- user_login = Reboot can NOT post
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.