Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP – bbPress integration questions

• raygene

@raygene

Hi,

I have upgraded my WP blog to version 2.5 and would like to integrate a bbPress forum. Before I do so, I would like to hear from people who have done this and could give me a few tips on how to go about it.

A few things on my mind:

1- Is it better to use a separate database for the forum (which I would prefer if possible)?

2- Should bbPress be installed in a WP sub-folder?

3- Is there a plugin or setting which would prevent users to register via the forum (disable forum registration) and would redirect the user to the WP registration panel?

Any advice (and good plugins) would be well appreciated.

Cheers,

Gene

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• doreen

@doreen

I used the same data base for both as using separate ones locked me out of bbpress for some unknown reason so redid it with one db. the other questions I.m not sure on

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

1. Use the same database if you want to integrate registrations.

2. Yes. Call the folder whatever you want.

3. Not sure. There was a post here at one point that mentioned directing all the registrations through WordPress since the registration plugins were more robust, but I can’t find it now.

raygene

@raygene

Thanks,

I uploaded bbPress to a WP sub-folder and will use the same database (backed everything up), before I proceed in installing the forum, any tips so I don’t run into problems?

Cheers,

Gene

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Spend a while reading current posts in this forum; it’s your best bet for being prepared. Other than that, it’s pretty straightforward. With integration, be sure you have the same secret key from wp-config.php in your bb-config.php. It’s pretty straightforward.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar