Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

wp bb integration cookie issue

• I’m having cookie issues, I think.

My WP is in the root… http://www.blahblahblah.com takes you straight to wp blog. So in my bb config.php I have two paths that are the same…

$bb->wp_home =

$bb->wp_siteurl =

Both have the same path. Not sure if that’s relevant but it seems odd to me. Anyway, bb is in a sub dir off that…. so it’s blahblahblah.com/community/

The sites pull and add usernames from and to the same place, so the users are automatically added appropriately, but if I’m logged in to one or the other and switch, I have to log in all over again… Not a big thing, but I’m guessing that’s not necessary…

After searching through the forums I can’t seem to find anything specific enough to help me figure out what to do or where to do it. The FAQ seems to indicate that it should work “out of the box” because the cookies are in the same location… All the other examples I see have their wp and bb as a subfolder of the root…

I’m sure I’m just not searching for the correct tags but I seem to be at a loss…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Are you using any custom role plugins with WordPress or anything that changes the display name? I think those things mess with the integrated logins.

Your setup is fine. The URLs are supposed to be the same in config.php. And once you have it working you can log in in WordPress and still be logged in in bbPress. It’s just an issue of getting it right.

Wish it were that simple, but no, no role plugins… I was playing with one a few weeks back but it didn’t do what I wanted and was never activated.

I can’t think of anything that would mess with usernames… All my plugins are menu, useronline gadget, forms, feedburner, etc… Nothing that would make that kind of impact…

Good idear, but back to the drawing board…

Thanks for your help…

Could it still be related to the fact that I can’t seem to get the bb-plugin (display_name) working? And… If so, how do I do that?

It’s in the my-plugins directory, but isn’t visible in the plugin screen on bb

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar