Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP-Ads

• wittmania

@wittmania

I use a plugin on my WP site called WP-Ads, which allows me to rotate custom built ads in various places throughout my site. It is very easy to use, but also very robust in what it allows you to do.

Does anyone know of anything similar for bbp? I know how to ad Adsense or something similar, but I need to serve up my own custom built ads for people/companies who have sponsored the site.

Any ideas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• drmike

@drmike

I run a fairly large (well for me) ad network with about 300 clients on the “they get free hosting for displaying my adverts” idea and I moved to phpAdsnew/ OpenAds a while back. It’s pretty much cross platform so i don’t worry about stuff like this.

Probably not the answer you’re looking for but something to think about since you’ll probably hit this issue again later on. Having that many clients on a free hosting in exchange for displaying my adverts program, it was pretty much the best solution, especially considering those clients are on at least 2 dozen different platforms.

http://www.openads.org/

Regards,

-drmike

Trent Adams

@trent

I would think there is a script out there that will display ads in a portion of your topic template. You would have to find that script that does the rotation of your adverts and then just include it as a javascript or another type of script in your template.

Trent

wittmania

@wittmania

Trent, I had used an image rotating script somewhere awhile back that would serve a random image file from a specified folder. I would guess you could do the same thing to serve an html or php file from within a specified folder.

I will work on hacking that up to work as a plugin, if possible. I’ll let you know how it goes!

wittmania

@wittmania

Version 0.1 of BB-Ads is now available.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/1024?replies=1

Necessity is the mother of all invention.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar