Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP 3.0 beta 2 integrated user registration

• Hi All. I had registrations using bbpress (but also registering in wordpress) working fine with beta 1.

Now with beta 2 if I try to register in bbpress I get the message “Email Email is required” even though I’ve entered an email. My guess is that beta 2 changed how the emails are stored in the database maybe?

Registering through wordpress works fine, but it’s doing what it always did which is make the bbpress role “Inactive (no role)” which means it’s not instant, and I have to go in to make the change.

I had a plugin installed that fixed this problem, but it stopped working with another update.

Any thoughts on how to fix either of these so things work again?

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)

• Kyle_Irving
    Participant

@kyle_irving

Hi

I had this problem and the plugin provided by Zaerl fixed it, many thanks.

What I am wondering (and i have only just put the forum up) am I better off using the BBpress plugin in wordpress than the deep integration method i have used?

Thanks

Kyle, I would definitely use the new bbPress plugin. Not only will it receive the majority of new development effort, it also overcomes a lot of limitations that even “Deep Integration” didn’t overcome – like having WP Plugins run on your bbPress pages.

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar