Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Working on new theme, please critique

• I am working on a new bbPress theme (dubbed “Ministry”) and would like your opinion. Especially on the color side of things: is it too light? etc. Anyway, here is the link.

Once done, I will be releasing this theme. There will be a matching WordPress theme as well.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Well I would center the whole forum instead (its now on the left part of the screen) and I would darken up some things (like the zebra stiping and mouse over). Also I would make all hyperlinks that dark green like you have for the forum title (upper left: your ministry.org).

Also remember that not all screens are the same. Some people have it too bright, others too dark, so don’t use too light colors :)

Just my 2 cents, looks great

Hey Null,

Thanks for your reply.

Just curious, what’s wrong with it being left aligned? At this point I probably wont change that because it’s based on one of my original CSS templates.

Thanks for the color suggestion. I will make those adjustments.

More reviews are welcome. :)

There is nothing “wrong”with left aligned, but it reads better/nicer. Especially when having a wide screen monitor. Matter of taste :)

I normally agree. This will probably be my only left-aligned bbPress theme. :)

Thanks again for your feedback.

Refueled, this is pretty slick!

To center the theme, you can just add margin: 0pt auto; to the #container div.

Another thing… You have a float: left; on #front-page #discussions. This makes hottags float to the right and be invisible (because of the overflow:hidden on container). If you delete that float: left, the hottags will appear on the bottom. This also fixes the little bottom border artifact you see to the right of the only sticky post.

To bobbyh:

Thanks for the feedback. This theme will remain aligned to the left. As it matches an already popular css template I have.

I am curious to know what browser you are using that causes the hottags to float right? Anybody else see this?

I’m using FF 2.0.0.15.

It looks like the hottags issue is now fixed, as there is no longer a float: left on #front-page #discussions.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar