Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress integration problems

• Hello bbPressers! (:

I’ve got some problems with integrating WordPress into my bbPress install.

What am I doing wrong?

15678gn.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/15678gn.png

There just simply no $table_prefix in wp-config.php :O

I hope someone can help me with this.

With Kind Regards,

FMA

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Yes,

we’ve seen this before,

you cannot have a blank entry for your WordPress table prefix and integrate with bbpress1.0.

I am presumig you’re using bbpress1.0 (you’ve not mentioned it).

I’m using the newest bbPress version.

How can I resolve/fix this? (:

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

I’m afraid you need to have a prefix for your tables in wordpress.

This *should* be part of the documentation.

For help in changing the table prefix of ryour wordpress tables, you’ll have to head to the wordpress support forums.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

You can add a prefix to your WordPress tables.

I’ve followed this tutorial: http://www.bhatt.id.au/blog/quickly-change-the-wordpress-mysql-database-table-prefix/

And my hole site just faded. It was horrible and it scared me to death. Hallelujah for backups <3

Well, erm, is there another way to fix this? Can’t bbPress staff just allow an empty table prefix?

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Well, erm, is there another way to fix this?

Yes.

For help in changing the table prefix of your wordpress tables, you’ll have to head to the wordpress support forums.

I don’t want to change anything to my table-prefix’. How can I resolve this problem, then?

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

I don’t believe you can.

I’m sure that bbPress requires a WordPress table prefix for integration, at least in the installer.

If you don’t enter a prefix, bbPress assumes you don’t want the integration.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you don’t want a table prefix, I suppose you could go into the bbPress code and eliminate all the references to the WordPress table prefix in the installer (and possibly elsewhere.)

It would be much easier to rename the WordPress tables and use a table prefix than hack the bbPress code. You tried once and did not have a good result. Maybe you need to try again and figure out where it went wrong if you really want integration between bbPress and WordPress. Either way, it’s going to require some work on your part due to a decision you made earlier to eliminate the WordPress table prefix.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar