Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress + BBpress vs. WordPress + Vanilla

• It requires alot of pain in the *** to install Vanilla on WordPress.

I do not want to do it manualy.

<b>Does this thing require a manual hookup?<b/>

Does it still have the bug that had to be solved by editing the code?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What do you mean by manual?

You have to change some settings in config.php, but that’s it. Nothing a monkey with a keyboard and a human to do the work for him couldn’t do … really, it’s simple. :) No editing code or the like. Even if it’s in a different subdomain you barely have to do anything.

Certainly doesn’t sound as much work as installing Vanilla – bbPress is set up to use mostly the same tables as WP already …

Nice. Thanks.

No Bugs?

Do I need to make bbPress use same DB as WordPress?

Cannot select DB.

Why graphics do not work?

Very strange. And you call this a debuged version?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Flatworm, yes, they should use the same database if you want integration.

And I thought we covered the graphics not working, which is likely due to a path issue on localhost, in your other thread.

Regarding “debugged”: it is debugged, but as I stated before, all software has bugs, and you also need to accept the fact that you are using beta software.

Also, I have offered to help you off list but I have not heard from you…

Have you entered all the right details in your config.php? Since you’re sharing databases it should have the same database info (name, user, password) as wordpress’s wp-config.php.

Yeah I call this a debugged version – Chrishajer sums it up nicely.

if ( !defined('BBPATH') )
    define('BBPATH', dirname(C:AllProgramingphp&mysql SERVERwordpressbbpress) . '/' );
    require_once( BBPATH . 'C:AllProgramingphp&mysql SERVERwordpressbbpress' );

?>

Are this last lines correct if the path to my bbpress is: “C:AllProgramingphp&mysql SERVERwordpressbbpress” ?

I am not sure of the actual path, but I would imagine that it will be in webspace formatting with forward slashes off localhost or whatever and off the actual server (web server that is) host. Better wait for someone else who has installed on a localhost to answer I guess, but I would imagine that path is not right in your config.php

Trent

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar