Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress + bbpress + register plus>>>>

• conspirewire

@conspirewire

I’ve installed wordpress and bbpress im using the plugin call register plus attached to the wordpress installation. both wordpress and bbpress are integrated but i cant get regsiter plus to integrate. It works with word press and clients can use there user name and password on bbpress… BUT…. when cleints try and register on bbpress it uses th default bbpress registration. can anyone help me redirect bbpress registration to the reister plus plugin?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replace register.php with:

<?php

header(‘Location:http://your-wordpress-url.com/wp-login.php?action=register&#8217;);

?>

better not do it that way, as updates will break your work. create an .htaccess and put the following in:

Redirect 301 /yourbbpressdirectory/register.php http://yourdomain.com/yourwordpressdirectory/wp-login.php?action=register

I had the same issue as the original poster. I tried the .htaccess solution but I couldn’t get it to work. I used the other solution (editing the register.php) and I’ll keep in mind to check it again on updates.

What about already registered accounts on bbpress/wordpress? Mine don’t work together and in fact if I log in in my bbpress it breaks my wordpress, I have to clear the cache/cookies to be able to login to the WP again.

The .htaccess trick worked for me, thanks.

Just ensure to edit the .htaccess inside bbpress folder ( /forum/ ? ) not the one in wp folder, and add the line suggested by “balgo” at the top of the file replacing your domains/folder where stated.

Where exactly in the .htaccess file would I put this? I’ve tried it above ‘# BEGIN bbPress’, also below it…any suggestions?

# BEGIN bbPress

Options -MultiViews

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /bbpress/

RewriteRule ^page/([0-9]+)/?$ /bbpress/index.php?page=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^forum/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ /bbpress/forum.php?id=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^forum/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/forum.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^forum/?$ /bbpress/ [R=302,L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^topic/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ /bbpress/topic.php?id=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^topic/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/topic.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^topic/?$ /bbpress/ [R=302,L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^tags/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ /bbpress/tags.php?tag=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^tags/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/tags.php?tag=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^tags/?$ /bbpress/tags.php [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ /bbpress/profile.php?id=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/profile.php?id=$1&tab=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ /bbpress/profile.php?id=$1&tab=$2&page=$3 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/profile.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^profile/?$ /bbpress/profile.php [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^view/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ /bbpress/view.php?view=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^view/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/view.php?view=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/?$ /bbpress/rss.php [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/topics/?$ /bbpress/rss.php?topics=1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/forum/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/rss.php?forum=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/forum/([^/]+)/topics/?$ /bbpress/rss.php?forum=$1&topics=1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/topic/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/rss.php?topic=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/tags/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/rss.php?tag=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/tags/([^/]+)/topics/?$ /bbpress/rss.php?tag=$1&topics=1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/profile/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/rss.php?profile=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/view/([^/]+)/?$ /bbpress/rss.php?view=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ^.*$ /bbpress/index.php [L]

</IfModule>

# END bbPress

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar