Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress and BBPress Theme

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Have you tested it in Firefox on Windows?

The column float is not working correctly and pushes the middle down below the left.

Edit: Actually, what is it that you’re seeing as floating? I’m confused.. I thought you were talking about the tags, but those don’t float in IE or Flock for me.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Are you using FF2 or 3? I’m on Flock, and my husband on FF3 and we’re not getting that. Also, what is your desktop resolution? I’ll try to recreate what you’re getting.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

In FF3 or IE7 it does not look like _ck_ saw at all. Looks fine to me.

FF3 on XP looks perfectly fine for me too.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Are there ads or something like that holding the column in place? Because I block most ads and that might be it.

I don’t see any ads (and I block them too).

Immelody, I would suggest making the border around the login info boxes (for name and password) darker. I almost missed where they were and wondered how people logged in :)

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Maybe it’s because I use the “large fonts” setting in Windows.

That makes my fonts like 10-20% bigger.

Oh, eh, that’d do it! I flipped mine to Granny Mode (sorry, _ck_, it’s what I use for my gran with glaucoma) and I reproduced it. Huh. Better check my layout for that too!

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I’m afraid I do qualify for too many of the “Granny” points – large fonts, too many cats, health problems, etc. LOL!

But I bet your granny can’t write PHP or javascript so that makes me feel better somehow… ;-)

Oh, so true! So true! That’s what she keeps me around for ;) nice new Gravatar, BTW.

Immeldoy, can you upload your theme and send me the link please?

I want to do the same thing and tried to do everything but I keep failing! I just want to have bbpress inside my word press theme! Is that a hard thing to accomplish?!!! :(

lolos, I apologize for taking so long to get back. You can download the themes together at http://www.asparenting.com/downloads/ASPtheme.zip . You’ll want to go into header.php in the bbpress template and manually edit the page links.

Honestly, it took me going through lots of different themes before coming to this one. I chose two themes from the same creator because generally, they’ll follow the same code. Then I had to figure out what was what. Such as with these themes, there was originally two sidebars for the wordpress theme, so I had to consolidate.

BTW, I haven’t figured out what to do about the granny font size. For now, I’m going to keep it the way it is. I’m not able to reproduce the error even when I granny size.

Ganzuelo
    Participant

@ganzuelo

Hey Immelody nice work! How do you manually add the links in the bbpress theme?

Ganzuelo, go to your header.php. Scroll down to around line 95. Under the div id nav, you’ll see a lot of links. Just plug your URLs in there, and change the text to whatever you want it to be.

Ganzuelo
    Participant

@ganzuelo

Immelody!!!! thank you so much!

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar