Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Why was the bbpress wikipedia page deleted?

• Did something political happen? Why was the bbpress wiki deleted? That’s not fair! I use wikipedia all the time, and was hoping to get some user and community stats on bbpress. I’m thinking of converting, but am scared. ;-)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You mean the wikipedia page?

Says: Deleted because expired WP:PROD; Reason given: Fails WP:RS as sources are self published. Fails notability guidlines.

Which is a fancy way of saying ‘Ain’t no one here heard of it, it ain’t big enough to care about yet.’ Also ‘Only people who word on BB posted about it.’

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

It’s just wikipedia politics and someone wants to feel like they have power.

I would guess once Matt starts promoting bbPress on WordPress.org/com you’ll see the page restored as bbPress becomes more famous.

Fairly certain bbPress has over 10,000 users now and will do another survey in February – there are projects with far fewer users which still have a page on Wikipedia.

How do you do that survey? Downloads does not mean users of course, so I’m just curious. I’d love to hear more about Matt’s cross-promotional work.

wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

:( I don’t want bbpress to get more famous honestly. I like the fact that this is a forum software that not a lot of people use, it makes my forum seem unique. But, oh well.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar