Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Why is integration so troublesome?

Inactive

I’m not meaning to be rude or anything but I’m struggling to understand why two bits of software made by the same company are so hard to integrate? I’ve never managed to get integration working fully and I always get to the point where users who registered through the forum post on the WordPress blog show up as Anonymous… which basically renders the whole process pointless. I’ve managed to get WordPress and vBulletin to integrate seamlessly, but not bbPress.

bbPress and WordPress are both great pieces of software in their own right, but when it comes to integration with each other they are pretty weak. For example, the new bbPress isn’t compatible with WordPress 2.6 because of an issue with cookie management in WordPress… for the integration to work we now have to wait for bbPress to release an update which according to a moderator on here will be a while away.

There are also so many unsolved integration threads here that it’s very difficult to find any one collection of possible solutions. I appreciate the amount of work that goes into this kind of software and time required to provide support. I’m just feeling a bit frustrated :(

Viewing 26 replies (of 26 total)

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Another note: In integration, the IP addresses in the topics matches the IP addresses of the topics in bbpress 1.1. It is just the author’s name that is wrong in the integration.

Viewing 26 replies (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar