Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Whitelisting

• pfdebate

@pfdebate

I have a user that keeps getting caught by Akismet even though there is nothing objectionable about her posts.

Is there a way to whitelist the user name or IP address?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Make sure they have not been flagged as a “bozo” by looking at their profile.

In bbpress 0.9 you can disable the built-in bozo plugin entirely which I actually recommend as it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

(Then use my Human Test plugin to make sure you don’t get bots registering to post spam).

pfdebate

@pfdebate

She is not marked as a bozo. She even created a new account and her posts are still getting caught by Akismet.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I would disable akismet too. I don’t know of a way to whitelist a user.

Is she posting more than 3 links per post? I think that’s one of the triggers. Since they don’t publish what triggers someone to get caught as spam, it’s hard to say exactly what triggers it. But posting a lot of links certainly will cause you to be marked as a spammer by Akismet.

I also have a user whose posts are getting caught by akismet because she posted too many links. I have installed _ck_’s human test plaugin (thanks!) and plan to disable akismet.

But is this user now listed as a spammer for akismet in general? That is, will her comments be blocked at other akismet-enabled sites?

If so, how do I restore her “good name”?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar