Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Wheres this plugin headed?

• Gettinitdone
    Participant

@gettinitdone

It seems the focus on member roles has taken away from the structure of the forums made with bbpress.  It would make sense to me to develop forum structure and information availability.

This could be accomplished by having the ability to create a forum and lock the locations of topics.  By code and visually as they appear on the site.

I think limiting ability to make topics or replies for each each individual post when created by admin, would develop forum content more efficiently than limiting abilities for individual users.

In other words.  Rather than limiting abilities by access level.  Is there currently a way to lock forums and topics the way they are?

In other words.  When I develop the forum as an administrator, can I limit the ability of all users to contribute to those posts?

I think a more even balance can be achieved, between content contributed by admin, and relevant information contributed by users, if the admin can limit users ability to alter the structure of the forum.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Gettinitdone
    Participant

@gettinitdone

Thought about this some more over breakfast.

I think this solution would be most efficient:

Create forum classes and topic classes.

These classes can limit the content contributed by subscribers.

Proposed forum class options:

ability to post topics, ability to post replies, ability to post images, ability to post videos

Proposed forum topic class options:

ability to post replies, ability to reply to posts made by others, ability to post only one reply to the topic

I believe the amount of time moderating a forum would be substantially less if forum and topic class options were available.

Gettinitdone
    Participant

@gettinitdone

Layed in some dirt today and came up with:

Thank you for creating bbpress.

I created a forum with bbpress.  I created many categories, forums, and topics.

question: How do I make the forums and topics static at their current position?

Gettinitdone
    Participant

@gettinitdone

I have figured out the forum oder.

How do I set the order for topics?

Gettinitdone
    Participant

@gettinitdone

Got it.  Thanks for hookin it up guys.

Onto styling

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar