Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Where is WordPress "auth" cookie salt in WPMU 2.7.1?

• I have installed my WordPress-MU 2.7 & bbPress1.0.1 and I also try to bridge the cookies between them.

Now the user data is shared by them. But I can’t make the cookie share work.

I have installed “bbPress Integration” plugin for WordPress. I also Copy these from wp-config:

define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘AUTH_SALT’, ‘bliddyblah’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘bliddyblah’);

Put them in bb-config.php with BB_ in front:

define(‘BB_AUTH_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘BB_NONCE_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘BB_AUTH_SALT’, ‘bliddyblah’);

define(‘BB_LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘bliddyblah’);

But I don’t know what I should fill in bbPress –> Dashboard –> Setting –> WordPress Integration. For example, where is WordPress “auth” cookie salt in WPMU? I also can’t find WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt & WordPress “logged in” cookie salt in my WordPress admin page.

Where can I find them in WPMU?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Just a couple helpers as I’m on the road:

1.) try wp-admin/options.php and do a search on that page for the values you seek.

2.) Install the integration plugin, enter the settings for this plugin directory correctly. Do what it tells you 100%. Things like forum location, and extra defines to put in the config are crucial.

3.) Make sure you actually go into the ‘wordpress integration’ settings option in bb-press’s admin section (bb-admin/).

4.) When adjusting any of these settings, the order of how the app looks at these values is something like (don’t hold me to this, i’m working off of memory here): [option already initialized? starting up then no -> defined in config dot php? no -> Database.]

5.) As long as your doing vanilla HTTP and not doing HTTPS authentication everyting will work out of the box given you do exactly as your told by the apps/plug-ins. HTTPS would be chocolate and you’d have to do something to the integration plug-in to force a ‘secure-auth’ cookie generated. Do a search on this, I’ve covered this in another post.

For example, where is WordPress “auth” cookie salt in WPMU? I also can’t find WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt & WordPress “logged in” cookie salt in my WordPress admin page.

You just listed them.

The WordPress “auth” cookie salt in WPMU is in your wp-config.php file: define('AUTH_SALT', 'bliddyblah');

If you’ve done that correctly, you should see something like this: http://img268.yfrog.com/img268/8247/bbpresssettings.gif

I wiped out my cookies and URL, but you should get the idea.

I find the AUTH_SALT etc. in my wp-config.php file. But I still can’t share the cookies after I have done all stuff.

Here is my bbPress admin image:

http://www.waterlin.org/tmp/bbPress_Cookies_integration.png

I notice that there is on sentence in bbPress document:

https://bbpress.org/documentation/integration-with-wordpress/

Here is the sentence:

This feature requires your WordPress and bbPress installations to exist in the same domain name, or at least in sub-domains of the same domain name.

I install WPMU into the root of my virtual host; then I install bbPress into the path /forum/

I don’t know if bbPress will work when it is in the sub-folder of WPMU?

Rohan Kapoor

@rohan_kapoor

Hey you need to integrate the cookies using the plugin bbpress Integration for WordPress. Just google it and insert the code the plugin gives you into the wp-config.php and bb-config.php files.

I have already installed the plugin bbPress Integration for WordPress. I can’t find anything wrong during my installation. I think maybe I need to upgrade my WPMU to 2.8.

sign~~

Do you have this in your bb-config.php:

define('WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1);

Rohan Kapoor

@rohan_kapoor

Only needed if you are running 2.7.1

And he said:

I have already installed the plugin bbPress Integration for WordPress. I can’t find anything wrong during my installation. I think maybe I need to upgrade my WPMU to 2.8.

Which implies that he’s on 2.7.x :)

Rohan Kapoor

@rohan_kapoor

He also said:

I have already installed the plugin bbPress Integration for WordPress.

which implies that he already added the code, :D

The plugin doesn’t add define('WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1); to your bb-config.php file. It’s very easy to miss that :)

Rohan Kapoor

@rohan_kapoor

I guess, but you would assume he would have copied and pasted that in if he followed the plugins directons.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar