Categories
Search
Bottom

Where Is The Manual and Instructions

• Double Stuff

@double-stuff

Hello All

Happy Holidays

I had my host install bbpress on url/forum and now I am stuck. They do not provide support.

I have been able to login to bb-admin but see no administrative options. Just a “This Is Your First Post” and a test post the host did.

I guess what I’m looking for is the manual and directions to set up and sync to the existing wordpress blog.

I have put the integration plugin on my server in my-plugins but see no way to activate it or set up. The plugin read me only says “put in my-plugins folder”

I have been reading the forum and docs for two days and just dont get it.

Whats my next step/steps once install is complete.

Feel free to list all the steps to follow.

I’m not a coder, but know the wp files pretty well.

Thanks in advance for your help

—-

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You probably have to sync wordpress and bbpress roles, havent done it in a while though, so cant remember exactly how it worked, just go into bb-admin and its in the options somewhere.

You probably have to sync wordpress and bbpress roles, havent done it in a while though, so cant remember exactly how it worked, just go into bb-admin and its in the options somewhere.

Double Stuff

@double-stuff

Thanks for the replies

Aren’t there instructions somewhere on how to do what you described.

I do not have a “Options” Menu or any menus or links except the 2 I described above.

Could you provide a link to the instructions for doing the sync and set up.

I have a feeling I am logged into the bbpress forum members area. I logged out of WP and forum then tried to sign in again only in bb-admin, but still land up at the same place url/forum.

Thank you!

Double Stuff

@double-stuff

Thanks for the replies

Aren’t there instructions somewhere on how to do what you described.

I do not have a “Options” Menu or any menus or links except the 2 I described above.

Could you provide a link to the instructions for doing the sync and set up.

I have a feeling I am logged into the bbpress forum members area. I logged out of WP and forum then tried to sign in again only in bb-admin, but still land up at the same place url/forum.

Thank you!

I doubt if your host even did an integrated install with WordPress?

If you want WP sync, there is a plugin for that. Can’t recall if it requires integrated setup. Please be clear about your needs instead of a story in paragraph, hard to make out of it.

I doubt if your host even did an integrated install with WordPress?

If you want WP sync, there is a plugin for that. Can’t recall if it requires integrated setup. Please be clear about your needs instead of a story in paragraph, hard to make out of it.

Double Stuff

@double-stuff

Thanks

@Ashfame

Humm well asking where’s the manual is pretty clear. I would think All you had to say was there wasn’t one, which doesn’t make sense. I’m not a noob. I would be glad to RTFM

I can delete everything and install it myself if that is where it says how to do a “an integrated install with WordPress”

My needs as you ask are to have clear instruction on how to install this script and sync it with wordpress. It appears their are none so I will ask some simple questions.

Should I start over with fresh install in order to have everything sync properly?

How do you activate the plugins?

What files are used to do “an integrated install with WordPress”?

What needs to be changed in those files? If Any?

Does anything in wordpress need to be changed such as user permissions.

Thanks in advance for any links or information for completing the set up of this script

Double Stuff

@double-stuff

Thanks

@Ashfame

Humm well asking where’s the manual is pretty clear. I would think All you had to say was there wasn’t one, which doesn’t make sense. I’m not a noob. I would be glad to RTFM

I can delete everything and install it myself if that is where it says how to do a “an integrated install with WordPress”

My needs as you ask are to have clear instruction on how to install this script and sync it with wordpress. It appears their are none so I will ask some simple questions.

Should I start over with fresh install in order to have everything sync properly?

How do you activate the plugins?

What files are used to do “an integrated install with WordPress”?

What needs to be changed in those files? If Any?

Does anything in wordpress need to be changed such as user permissions.

Thanks in advance for any links or information for completing the set up of this script

Right, there is no official manual.

Find the integration guide on this page – http://blog.ashfame.com/bbpress/

Try this plugin for sync – https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/wordpress-bbpress-syncronization/

Create my-plugins folder with 755 permissions in root of bbPress and put plugins there. You can activate them from dashboard after login.

P.S. – Being to the point doesn’t hurt. Write as much required.

Right, there is no official manual.

Find the integration guide on this page – http://blog.ashfame.com/bbpress/

Try this plugin for sync – https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/wordpress-bbpress-syncronization/

Create my-plugins folder with 755 permissions in root of bbPress and put plugins there. You can activate them from dashboard after login.

P.S. – Being to the point doesn’t hurt. Write as much required.

Double Stuff

@double-stuff

Thanks

I was able to find the bb-config.php and add the keys.

This seems to have got me connected via pp-admin.php

I already have a my-plugins.php file and have added the wordpress integration plugin.

Is the one you suggest made to work with what I have or do I use one or the other.

Thanks for the help

Double Stuff

@double-stuff

Thanks

I was able to find the bb-config.php and add the keys.

This seems to have got me connected via pp-admin.php

I already have a my-plugins.php file and have added the wordpress integration plugin.

Is the one you suggest made to work with what I have or do I use one or the other.

Thanks for the help

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar