Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What's the best Post Preview plugin?

• Every rispectable forum got a Post Preview forum.

Is there a plugin to enable this basic functionality for bbPress.

After a simple research, it looks like the only one is Live Comments Preview, but it feels like it’s abandoned. It’s that the case, or does it work with 1.0.1.

Any alternative to that, or if I want live preview on my forum it’s the ony choice (if it works…).

Thnaks.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

There are only 150 plugins for bbPress and at least half of those don’t work with 1.0 because 1.0 is only a week old.

So spend a few minutes in the extend section and you can answer your own questions quite easily.

If you want to use plugins made for bbPress 0.9, use bbPress 0.9

Fair enough _ck_, fair enough.

Please, note that I was just asking for some quick advice, as I thought that previewing a post before actually posting it is a feature that everybody need and want, so I thought that a few plugins or solutions would out there, and maybe somebody could have answeared: You may want to check this one out!, and point it to the right direction as often happens here (or on any other forum).

I spend more than a few minutes before asking questions. I am aware of the fact that bbPress is young and not all plugins are working in 1.0.1 as they are supposed to, but if I didn’t believe in the future of bbPress I would have just installed vBullettin or PHPbb. But I didn’t, and that it’s because of my belief in bbPress potential.

Cheers.

Gautam

@gautam2011

Wait, I will try to fix it.

This plugin seems to have some compatibility issues, but might be worth checking out:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/live-comment-preview/

As an fyi, plugins are generally made by users and aren’t necessarily supposed to work with version 1.0.1; they work with whatever version each developer has tested the plugin on. In most cases, that’s version 0.9.

Right now, very few plugins are officially compatible (i.e. tested) with version 1.0 and 1.0.1. But a number of them are unofficially compatible – they worked on 0.9 and still work (inadvertently) on 1.0.

Good luck!

Gautam

@gautam2011

Hey! Plugin fixed :D

Posting the link in a few mins

Gautam

@gautam2011

Here, I have uploaded it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/znyxze2mefw/live-comment-preview.zip

I have also added auto-check, so after 10 seconds, it will automatically refresh the preview. And you dont need to do any editing, it will automatically insert itself.

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

good work.

though I changed the preview button to <p name='live_comment_preview_button' id='live_comment_preview_submit' value='".$label."' onclick='sendPostToPreview("".$live_comment_preview_path."" )' />Preview Post</p>, styled accordingly with a cursor on hover and placed it on the post form itself (the submit button would try and submit the form).

add_action('post_form', 'add_live_comment_preview');
    add_action('edit_form','add_live_comment_preview');

also added it to the edit post form.

Cool, Gautam! Thank you.

I can’t go and test it right now, as I am too busy on a development, but will definitely install it tonight and let you know.

Thanks!

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

Just noticed an issue when editing a post. If there is an apostrophe it get’s turned into HTML code. i.e. ' the preview code stops being generated… will look at this closer tomorrow. I suppose this only affects if the preview form has been added to edit post with (add_action('edit_form','add_live_comment_preview');)

Ok, thanks for the update tomdebruin!

Keep it up!

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

I’ve just reported this issue of HTML characters being displayed in edit post in Trac. (https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1158).

It looks like a minor bug in bbP rather than an issue with the plugin… although it could affect people who are trying to type HTML characters out in their code examples. That rarely happens on my forum though.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar