Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

what powers this forum and wordpress?

• zurdog
    Participant

@zurdog

I love bbpress, and am anxiously waiting for bbpress 1.0. I’d love to put up my forum now, but have heard mixed reviews on alpha 1. My question is, what is wordpress.org and bbpress.org using? The obvious answer I would think is some form of bbpress… correct?

Since I don’t want to use an ‘alpha’ launching a new site, how do I get the version that bbpress.org is using now, or what wordpress.org is using now? With the thousands of users and posts, it seems like that would be my best bet for stability.

Should I launch my site with the 9.x version or does anyone think a more stable version will be released within the next few weeks?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Never use an alpha of any product for anything other than testing. Otherwise it’s 100% at your own risk.

bbPress 0.9 is very stable.

There are sometimes daily updates to 1.0 alpha (via the SVN of the trunk) but it will not be “finished” for many weeks.

Who is reviewing 1.0 alpha? You can’t review 1.0 alpha, it’s not finished. That’s like reviewing a car that has no interior.

zurdog
    Participant

@zurdog

By ‘review’ I simply mean comments that have been posted about it.

If not use for production site, but I am using WordPress 2.6.1 and want to use bbPress stable version. What can I do?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

bbPress is beta software right now. The latest beta release is 0.9.0.2. That release is not compatible with WordPress 2.6. The decisions are up to you.

The compatibility is only an issue if you want integration. If you don’t need integrated users between bbPress and WordPress, then install bbPress 0.9.0.2.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Does anyone have a guess at the version of bbPress that’s running bbpress.org/forums/ or wordpress.org/support/ ?

Is there anything that would give it away in the source if you looked? Like a specific class or id that came about in a specific version?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

bbpress.org runs 0.9.0.2 here.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

How about at wordpress.org/support/ ?

under 0.8.x

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar