Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What is the best forum software for my needs ?

• mpesgt01
    Participant

@mpesgt01

Hi

I am using phpBB 2 with 2300 users

I was okay for a while with that forum… I want to change and update… not sure I do like the phpBB3 tough, so I did a little search. Even tough I am using WP on my article side of site, I am not sure that bbPress is the best choice for me

What forum would be a good choice for

– 2300 user

– french or english

– send PM

– RSS

– Forums and sub-forums

– need to be able to “embed” a youtube video when members are posting

– Profiles

– Avatars and signatures

I use this to try to help me

http://www.forummatrix.org/compare/bbPress+Invision-Power-Board+phpBB+SMF+vBulletin

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I would give bbPress a try, it’s easy to design your own layout for it :D

I would give bbPress a try, it’s easy to design your own layout for it :D

mpesgt01
    Participant

@mpesgt01

regarding the link above, bbpress seems to need way too many plugins to arrive to my needs. I m exact ?

Can we switch easaly from phpbb2 to bbpress ?

mpesgt01
    Participant

@mpesgt01

regarding the link above, bbpress seems to need way too many plugins to arrive to my needs. I m exact ?

Can we switch easaly from phpbb2 to bbpress ?

Ricardo
    Participant

@ricardouk

Altough i’m waiting for the next bbpress version i can recommend one forum script that has a importer for phpbb2 and others, its MYBB, they’ve got a great comunity forum with international support.

http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system

i like mybb but it has too many options etc, nothing wrong with it, if you use phpbb i think you’ll find it simpler but i prefer it even simpler like bbpress.

ps: i tested the importer a few weeks ago, imported from phpbb and smf and the importer worked perfectly (tried it on wampserver with dummy forums)

Ricardo
    Participant

@ricardouk

Altough i’m waiting for the next bbpress version i can recommend one forum script that has a importer for phpbb2 and others, its MYBB, they’ve got a great comunity forum with international support.

http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system

i like mybb but it has too many options etc, nothing wrong with it, if you use phpbb i think you’ll find it simpler but i prefer it even simpler like bbpress.

ps: i tested the importer a few weeks ago, imported from phpbb and smf and the importer worked perfectly (tried it on wampserver with dummy forums)

mpesgt01
    Participant

@mpesgt01

mybb… i will goo check it out too

mpesgt01
    Participant

@mpesgt01

mybb… i will goo check it out too

Simple Machine Forums, even though I’m using bbPress at the moment, I don’t recommend it :)

Simple Machine Forums, even though I’m using bbPress at the moment, I don’t recommend it :)

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

You should take a look at Buddypress too.

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

You should take a look at Buddypress too.

mpesgt01
    Participant

@mpesgt01

smf, i go check this one too.

mpesgt01
    Participant

@mpesgt01

smf, i go check this one too.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar