Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What is a bozo?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quoting dictionary.com:

bo·zo /ˈboʊzoʊ/

–noun, plural -zos. Slang.

1. a fellow, esp. a big, strong, stupid fellow.

2. a rude, obnoxious, or annoying person: Two or three bozos tried to cut in ahead of the rest of us in the supermarket line.

Users marked bozos means that Akismet (the part of the code responsible for spam detection) has identified these as spammers, or you have manually set their status. They can post, however posts will be visible only to themselves – they will not realise that their posts are showing up to noone else. Useful precaution against spammers (it bothers no-one, they don’t try harder since they think they’re succeeding) and perhaps against trolls, although I haven’t tried that.

H
    Participant

@helgetry

Thank you very much for the explanation!

bedbugger
    Participant

@bedbugger

So what does Bozo: “1” mean? Do I need to remove this from user’s profiles? What setting makes people a Bozo?

Thanks!

Bozo: “1” means they’re set as a bozo (generally 1 means true, 0 means false). You do need to remove it, but if that’s ineffective apply the patch and then remove again. https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/822

I need some clarification of the BOZO setting. It looks like all of my registered users have a BOZO setting of “1”. I know that some these are bogus and that some are not.

Is there any documentation of this feature anywhere? What kind of settings can you use in this field and what do they mean?

No documentation. “1” means true, “0” means false. Sounds like you need the fix.

Why did you (developers) used a text box instead of a check box for the bozo field?

It wasn’t supposed to be that way, but to fix the problem with bozo status towards 1.0, it was made that way. It will be back to a checkbox in 1.0 for sure.

Trent

Heh heh.

Can I suggest my ex? :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar