Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What does "Forum settings for BuddyPress" do in bbPress 2.1?

• Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

To my knowledge, bbPress 2.1 would not yet be integrated into BuddyPress groups, as indicated by this punted ticket. Yet in the settings of bbPress 2.1 RC3, there’s a BuddyPress heading, sub-titled “Forum settings for BuddyPress”.

It gives me the option to “Allow BuddyPress Groups to have their own forums”, as well as setting a parent forum for these group forums. I’ve tried playing around with these settings but they don’t seem to have any effect. Am I not understanding its intended use or is the functionality not actually present yet?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Why the heck dont the bbpress developers respond. I feel most of the time that they are asleep !

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Wow there, it’s only been 8 hours. For all we know, every developer available could still be sound asleep. We’ve been getting daily RC releases based on users’ bug reports; I hardly think there’s any reason to complain.

enderandrew
    Participant

@enderandrew

Even though it isn’t fully integrated, bbPress 2.1 and BuddyPress 1.6 play fairly well together for me so far. I haven’t turned on the BuddyPress forum component, and I use bbPress 2.1 providing sitewide forums and group forums. bbPress 2.1 is feeding into BuddyPress activity feeds as well.

anyone???

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar