What do you consider an “important action”?
Any time a user is set bozo or deleted.
* moving a post
* changing the status of a post (marking it as spam, deleting it, unspamming/undeleting it)
* editing a post maybe? well especially if it isn’t your own…
That’s all I can think of for now!
This looks great!
Any chance of supporting 0.9.x? I’d love to try the plugin out!
Unfortunately, there are a lot of functions in the code that are 1.0-specific.
Fortunately, WordPress 2.8 is being released in May, and I can’t see bbPress 1.0 being far behind.
Ah that’s too bad – I’m using way too many of _ck_’s plugins to try 1.0 yet. I’ll wait til it comes out of alpha maybe.
Would you consider converting it to 0.9 in exchange for a contribution? It’d be great for the community, since so many people are still on 0.9:
I’ll work on getting it compatible with 0.9, but it might take a while.
Okay, I’ve done the first pass at compatibility. If you feel ambitious, you can download the Development Version. If not, you can wait until the next alpha.
If you downloaded the development version before this post, re-download it. I have now fixed compatibility with 0.9 for the Report section of the plugin.
Just installed the latest development version on 0.9 – it looks like it’s working!!
Two quick questions:
1. Where is the moderation log for moving/deleting topics?
I activated all four parts of the moderation suite and then moved one topic and deleted another. Then I started digging around for a moderation log, to see if they showed up… I found a moderation log here, under the users tab:
I didn’t see a log of the topic moving or deletion though… are those logged somewhere else? I must be looking in the wrong place.
2. How do users Report another user
I didn’t see a place where users could report another user… is there a tag for that I should stick in the template?
I *really* love the idea of being able to warn and ban users – for now, I’ve been PM’ing users manually which is a real drag! Thanks for porting this to 0.9!!
- I have not programmed a logging function for topic moving and deleting. I’ll make that right now. Edit: There are no hooks in the functions to move topics, so there’s no way I can make a log for it. However, I have programmed the topic deletion log.
- http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bbpress-moderation-suite/faq/ will help you.
1. Ah thanks for adding that!! Boo for bbPress having no hook for moving topics…
2. Ah so sorry to have missed that…
One last thought: what do you think of merging the various moderation logs into a single page? As a keymaster/mod, it’d be a lot easier to monitor what’s going on on the site if all the logs are on the same page.
Or maybe as an alternative, the various moderation logs could all have convenient links to each other?
ps I owe you a contribution – please email me at john at weddingbee dot com, and we can coordinate!
/bb-admin/admin-base.php?plugin=bbpress_moderation_suite_modlog is the only place moderation logs are. I know the way I talk about it is a bit confusing.
Just installed this on a live forum! A bit nervous, but everything seems to be working great so far.
A few questions/thoughts:
* The Moderation Log lives under the Users tab… what do you think of putting it under the Plugins or Manage tab?
* When a topic deletion is logged or marked as spam, the moderation log says, Username (key) deleted topic “Topic Name” which is great. It’s linked directly to the deleted topic though – maybe there could be an extra ?view=all appended to it?
* Is it possible to also log when topics are closed and opened?
This is super exciting – thanks for all of this!
- The users tab was because I couldn’t find any good place for it. The plugins tab actually sounds pretty good.
- I’ve added that and it will be in the repository shortly.
- Yes. I’ll work on that right away.
Edit: It’s now in the repository, so the development zip should update soon.
Installed the latest version (0.1-beta1) – the new location is great!!
I’m not seeing the ?view=all appended to deleted/spammed topics in the mod log… but maybe I don’t have the latest version. Will try again later!
Check the bottom of your
modlog.phpto see if it’s the same as the bottom of http://plugins-svn.bbpress.org/bbpress-moderation-suite/trunk/modlog.php
Also, the messages that are already logged won’t change.
Looking good Nightgunner5, and great to see you back.
While possibly a little self serving, i’d strongly suggest doing our upmost to make this plugin work for 0.9 for a number of reasons:
1) 0.9 is officially the stable branch and has been for over 9 months now.
2) 1.0.6alpha is nowhere near being the beta.
3) The next alpha is going to break alot of functions and plugins, to the point that _ck_ has already stated she’s not going to fix her plugins from 1.0.7a -> 1RC1 at the earliest. Aiming this code for 1.0.6a, is probably going to give you more work in the long run.
4) I know that Sam has posted on the blog that the proposed function changes might not happen now, but there’s still alot of open tickets out there; and alot of works been done on BBpress since 1.0.6a alpha in January. Add in to that all the work done for “talkpress”, and there’s no way the next version is goin to be near RC1 level.
5) WordPress 2.8 is coming with a new authentication system (yes new to 2.5 and 2.6/2.7′s authentication system), so even if we do get a new release of BBpress at the same time, there’s a whole bunch of coding to be done and tested as an alpha – let alone having the 1.0.beta released at the same time.
Either way, and with the best will in the world, 0.9 is going to be the “stable” release of BBpress for at least the summer. Today’s the 2nd of May, and we’ve not seen an update to 1.0.6a. If 1.0.7 is released on Monday, we’ll have at least 4 weeks of user reports and bug fixes before the next release. If that’s the beta and not not another alpha release, then we’ll have a few weeks of testing/fixing before an RC, and then at least a week before the final release.
Obviously it’s GREAT that you’re building this plugin, and from what i’ve read – it looks ace ( I’m about to install at home in a few minutes), but given the very changeable nature of alpha’s, it’s probably wise to focus more on 0.9 computability; and then making a version1 port when it’s in beta or release candidate. Just my two cents mate.
Hey Kevin! I completely agree on the 0.9 compatibility… Nightgunner5 was kind enough to convert his moderator suite plugin to also support v 0.9!
I’ve installed and tested it on three separate 0.9 bbPress installs, and it’s working great.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.