Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Weird login error on this site

• SickSquirrelTwo
    Participant

@sicksquirreltwo

From my iPad 2 (I’m on the Mini) I would login and see my nick at top right. It then go to Support and can’t post as I’m not logged in. Tried several times. Makes no sense, right? Why ami logged out by clicking Support?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

There seem to be some issues with this site and remembering users.

You can login to bbpress.org, but as soon as you try to go to the support area, it logs you as anonymous. If you click the lost password it tells you that you are already logged in. Logging out and in again doesn’t fix, and login frequently goes nowhere.

I found two solutions

1. logout, then click lost password, get the email, change password and then login

2. Come to the site using https://bbpress.org/wp-login.php

JJJ – this started for me about 10 days ago, before that it was intermittent, now it is every time I come to site – any ideas?

Nate
    Participant

@caming

He’ll just tell you that the problem doesn’t exist.

You know, when I mentioned it the 3 other times (along with another user that had the same complaint). Or the fact that any user can go in and edit (or delete) the bbPress codex pages.

Nothing to see here, move along …

SickSquirrelTwo
    Participant

@sicksquirreltwo

It happened just now. I then clicked on Robin’s link and here I am. I’m glad it’s not just me, though. And a few weeks ago when I first came here there wasn’t an issue.

Makes you wonder what other issues are around…

Laughing Cat
    Participant

@laughing-cat

Happens to me too.

Sometimes it logs me in after a while, but if I do searches or read replies the code is all messed up, I have parts of template files inside the reply or search loop. I think you have some serious bug.

Laughing Cat
    Participant

@laughing-cat

for example, after trying to log in for several times, and finally succeeded at it, I replied in this topic, but now I can’t post new messages except in this topic… what’s wrong? if I go to another forum or discussion in bbPress.org support forums, it will say I’m an anonymous user, but if I come to this thread I’m logged in correctly. If I try to log in from other pages it will redirect me to forums home. If I clear my browser cache and cookies I’ll have trouble logging in anyway.

Nate
    Participant

@caming

Unbelievable to me that this hasn’t been addressed yet and the problem has been going on for weeks, at least. It’s probably a huge reason why the community here is dwindling: no one can figure out how to Post and/or Reply.

SickSquirrelTwo
    Participant

@sicksquirreltwo

I just came here and forgot to use the login address listed above. I just clicked Log In. It would try to connect to the main page –I assume — but would go back to the login page. All my info there, NO error message. Tried 5 times then the above URL (thank you!!!!) and I’m logged in now.

Usually I get the WP error page with the error message.

I had the wrong pass but it never told me that.

z1x2c3v4123
    Participant

@z1x2c3v4123

It will eventually log you in… But it takes forever. PLEASE FIX THIS. I bet the login bar is another WP plugin? Anybody know what it is?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar