Search
Bottom

Want to replace Subscribe option with Unsubscribe

• Deepak Mahendru
    Participant

@dpkmahendru

Hi,

I am looking for a solution for this:

After activating “Allow users to subscribe to forums and topics” we see subscribe option by default so that interested user can subscribe.

But what I want is an unsubscribe option by default in place of subscribe after activating “Allow users to subscribe to forums and topics”. So that by default every user receive notifications for new posts and replies as they will be treated as subscribed by default. Every user will have unsubscribe option so that if they want to unsubscribe from the post they can any time.

Please help…Any help would really appreciated.

Thank you;

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • This cannot be achieved at this stage with bbPress, the only option is to ‘Opt-In’ and there is no availability to have the defaults the other way around.

Deepak Mahendru
    Participant

@dpkmahendru

Okay, Thank you 🙂

kiwi3685
    Participant

@kiwi3685

This cannot be achieved at this stage with bbPress, the only option is to ‘Opt-In’ and there is no availability to have the defaults the other way around.

Is there any chance of this being changed at some time? Perhaps as a config option? Being subscribed by default is the most requested feature by users on my forum.

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

There are a few plugins that offer this functionality: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=bbpress+subscribe

kiwi3685
    Participant

@kiwi3685

Thanks Stephen, a useful link. I have now installed https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-auto-subscribe-for-new-topics-and-replies/ which does what I need.

But still my personal preference is for a single configurable tool (bbPress in this case) rather than a proliferation of different plugins.

In particular I am always uncomfortable using plugins that have no reviews. In this case I took a chance as I have seen other work by it’s author. I have now added a review for him, so at least there is no one!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar