Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

W3 Total Cache Working Great with Deep Integration

• chrisbrocklesby

@chrisbrocklesby

Hi All,

Just wanted to past on that I seem to have the wordpress plugin ‘W3 Total Cache’ working great with my deep integration version of bbPress 1.02, As long as you don’t enable the ‘Inline JS minification’ and ‘JS minify’ in the plugin the reset seem to work great and I have noticed a slight speed improvement…

My forum : http://www.diyextra.com/forum/ (have a look at the compressed source)

Anyway just thought I would pass it on….

Chris.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• KimJCastleberry

@kimjcastleberry

Hey Chris, thanks for this info. I was struggling to figure out what part of W3 Total Cache causing the forum to report “Please complete your installation before attempting to include WordPress within bbPress” any time I attempted to use it. Turns out it was the JS Minify stuff which I checked after seeing your post. Thanks for sharing!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Spent the past week or so testing a few larger BuddyPress/bbPress installations with W3TC, and I can say that it works a treat with the bundled version of bbPress we tuck in there too.

Experienced the same JS minify on the inline JS also actually. Wonder if it’s a bug. I’ll see what I can dig up.

chrisbrocklesby

@chrisbrocklesby

Hi,

Glad the info helped out… W3TC is a great plugin can make a big difference on a busy website…

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Thinking part of the JS minify issue may have been not emptying the cache after changing the settings. Before I wasn’t automatically uploading the changes to the CDN.

Seems to be fine now, and can’t duplicate it when I want to see it. :)

If you really want it minified, I’m happy to get the plugin author involved in testing, to see if it’s a w3tc or bbPress issue.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar