Categories
Search
Bottom

visible topics depends on number of member posts

• raheelsayeed

@raheelsayeed

Hi guyz,

To start off, a very exceptionally simple script – thats bbpress.org

I am in the process of modifying the BBpress into not just a forum.. but more.. Most of the stuff is done.

My Question is:

Is it possible to Lock the number of visible topics a member is able to view?

I havent attempted to do this yet.

I want to force participation, in the sense that, when a member posts one topic, about 9 other topics are now visible to That member.

Another topic post by that member brings the visible topics to 20 for him specifically.

In other words, the number of topics visible to a member is the number of topics that member posted!

so is this possible? if so, how difficult would that be?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

bbPress has an advanced WHERE filter on every mysql query.

You could write a plugin that simply tallys their post (and cache that cause you don’t want to do it each time) and then manipulate the WHERE filter based on the result.

It’s a very strange request so don’t expect me to do it for you ;-)

See my Hidden Forums plugin to see how the filters work.

raheelsayeed

@raheelsayeed

haha, yes its indeed a strange thing to do. But Its intended for a very different use.

Thanks for your input. Is it really advisable to write a plugin or could I just rewrite the flow..

I say that Cuz i’ve got php amateur knowledge but I like coding..

i’ll take a look at your plugin.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think it’s always preferable to use a plugin rather than modify core files. It makes upgrading much easier.

raheelsayeed

@raheelsayeed

Yea, thanks, for the reply,

I looked at the hidden files plugin, looks like mine would hav to also be at bb_init();

Is there a tutorial on cache system here, its just way out of my league… far superior.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar