Viewing User IPs

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I tried /bb-admin/view-ip.php.

It came up with “IP Information

Last 30 posts”” but nothing was below that. I’m using .9.0.2

What next?

Is there a way to track what User IP’s a profile uses when posting? So this would go beyond 30 posts, and be a historical record.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The IP address is logged in the database, so you could create a plugin to read that data from the database and show all IP addresses that have ever been used for that user.

I found with most of my users, they are using either cable or DSL and their IP changes pretty frequently over the course of a year.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I forgot about dynamic addresses. Of course. Thank you.

Back to my original question, why am I not seeing any IP listings for the last 30 posts? And I do have 30 posts.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I never knew that page was there so I never tried to access it directly. When I access it in 0.9.0.2 or alpha (r1637) I get no information as well, just the heading

“IP Information

Last 30 posts”

but no data. My guess is I don’t understand how it works, or it’s broken. Can someone explain or show what it’s supposed to display?

I guess my earlier idea about a plugin is already handled by bbPress, but it’s just not working.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think maybe it’s a bug. I just modified bb-admin/view-ip.php line 11, from this:

$post_query = new BB_Query( 'post', array( 'ip' => $ip, 'per_page' => 30 ) );

to this:

$post_query = new BB_Query( 'post', array( 'poster_ip' => $ip, 'per_page' => 30 ) );

Basically change ‘ip’ to ‘poster_ip’ and then it works. Not sure how long that’s been broken. I have a 0.9.0.2 installation that does not work, then the alpha r1637 also does not work.

If this works for you, I can file a bug to trac bringing it to the developers attention.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

That worked for me. Thanks Chris!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Fixed in trunk

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar