Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

vbulletin to bbpress almost successful but not

• maggieymae
    Participant

@maggieymae

When using the integrated importer, the users don’t make it over. It takes 2 tries to get the replies. Everything is attributed to admin. When viewing the forums in the front end the forum reports the number of topics etc but nothing is listed. When I use the external plugin bbConverter, everything except the replies are transferred and the boards do show correctly in the front end. If I try to import the replies with the integrated importer after the fact everything gets duplicated and the contents are jumbled with wrong user/wrong post after the counting is done. I’m giving these details since I have been browsing the messages here looking for a solution and it seems you might be interested in hearing about issues. I look forward to when it all comes together. Thanks for trying to make this happen for everyone.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Give the bbPress 2.3 Beta a shot, everything you mention is fixed except user passwords.

bbPress 2.3 Beta 2

The only outstanding issue is imported vBulletin users have to manually reset their password.

After the import you have to run the ‘Repair Tools’ to recount the topics and replies otherwise they will not be visible in the front-end.

https://codex.bbpress.org/repair-forums/

maggieymae
    Participant

@maggieymae

Thanks much! Will check it out

maggieymae
    Participant

@maggieymae

bbPress 2.3 Beta worked correctly! Thanks very much!

maggieymae
    Participant

@maggieymae

I spoke too soon… the backend looks like everything is connected coorrectly- forums-posts- users. The front end shows something similar to this on all forum pages

This forum contains 11 topics and 19 replies, and was last updated etc…

Oh bother! No topics were found here!

maggieymae
    Participant

@maggieymae

Hi Again, I figured it out. It was a plugin called bbPress Moderation. Apparently the plug in considers all the imported topics to be worthy of moderation but there is no way to approve them. lol Interesting.

I would do the import without any other plugins for bbPress enabled to ensure you have what you expect without the chance of things like that happening.

Also bbPress Moderation plugin has some compatibility issues with bbPress 2.3.

maggieymae
    Participant

@maggieymae

Yep Good point- I did do the import with no plugins installed and that’s why I reported it was a success…then I looked at it later and the topics were gone. After I posted here I realized I went a little crazy adding plugins so I disabled them all and activated them until the problem showed up again. Thanks again for offering a way to grab the posts from vbulletin and thanks for the bbpress wordpress plugin.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar