Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Vbulletin 4.2 to bbPress 2.2.3

• limitx3m
    Participant

@limitx3m

Tried to import from my current vBulletin 4.2 to bbPress 2.2.3 using the bbPress import function, all forum, topic and replies were migrated correctly however the users we not migrated and are under the admin account, I tried it twice and made sure I checked the convert users. Not too sure what I did wrong.

I also have buddypress installed as well if that matters.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I have just sent you an email to see where we can go from here.

limitx3m
    Participant

@limitx3m

Replied back! I would look forward to helping more people get rid of the crappy vbulletin service that they have to pay for it, and come to open source wordpress/bbpress/etc.

I just hope this serves as an opportunity for us to push wordpress/bbpress/buddypress further.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help you guys, help me, help wordpress. LOL

iosqar
    Participant

@iosqar

Can you told us how can you solved your problem? I have the same prob.

thanks!

There will be an update to the vBulletin import tool released with the upcoming bbPress 2.3

limitx3m
    Participant

@limitx3m

@netweb

I’m having a lot of trouble getting all the vbulletin issues resolved.

I’m hoping that you can personally help me so that we can assess the issue. I’ve made several reports across bbpress and buddypress but I guess I can’t exactly explain to them the problem it seems. Especially since the issue could be either bbpress or buddypress.

Could you help me get to the bottom of it so that I can at least figure out what to report on which trac?

Sure… Drop me an email and I will have a look.

limitx3m
    Participant

@limitx3m

@netweb

I’ve sent you an email and information. I guess we’ll continue communication through email to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you so much!

Pam Blizzard
    Participant

@pdblizzard

I am also converting Vbulletin 4.2.0 over to BBPress 2.3-rc1 (not 2.2.3) and hopefully BuddyPress. I had the same problem with users not coming over.

I found that if I disabled BuddyPress, and ran the conversion, my users came over with no problem.

Now that I’m enabling Buddypress and have a few glitches, such as the members page not displaying members, and the registration page not displaying.

@pdblizzard Strange that users don’t import correctly if BuddyPress is enabled…

What version of BuddyPress were you using and group or sites idle forums enabled?

I will try to reproduce it if I can…..

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar