Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Using subversion to update

• copperblade
    Participant

@copperblade

I have a long-standing habit of using subversion for WordPress and bbPress updates. There are some added features in the trunk that I like, but I wonder if it’s safe to update to the trunk at this point. A look at the tickets seems to indicate that it would be relatively ok.

Anyone have experiences using trunk?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think it’s relatively safe to update to trunk. Trunk is probably less broken than 1.0.2 right now. I would perform a test installation to be sure everything still works the way you want, before upgrading a production site.

This site is using trunk, BTW.

If you begin using trunk, please post any problems to trac so they can be addressed. Thanks

copperblade
    Participant

@copperblade

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot.

copperblade
    Participant

@copperblade

Is there a central location to manage topic subscriptions in the new subscribe feature?

Or is there a way to automatically subscribe upon reply?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

No to both, I am afraid. The automatically subscribe on reply used to be available as a plugin but that would not work with the new trunk release.

copperblade
    Participant

@copperblade

That’s ok. It’s hard to say what should be core functionality and what should be a plugin. Personally, I’m a fan of keeping the core as small as possible.

copperblade
    Participant

@copperblade

I’ve been on trunk now with few problems. But I don’t see this great facelift on my site ;) I guess this isn’t available yet? I really like the bigger gravatars.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar