Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Users can't reply or create posts

• Hey guys.

On my site’s forum unfilteredmma.com/forums I am having an issue for the users of the site. I can create posts and reply and so can some other users but not everyone is able to do so. For some people their is a reply button but it is not clickable and no create new post link.

Can you guys help me get this sorted out?

I did a similar search and found an issue but when it was resolved they never posted exactly what was going on.

Thanks,

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks like you’re using the default template. Did you modify it at all?

Did you integrate with WordPress?

What plugins are you using?

Does the browser in use make a difference?

Thank you for getting the help.

The admin account and some other users can post but some cannot. I tried creating a test account and when I go into post there isn’t a box to type in.

I took a screen shot.

unfilteredmma.com/media/forumcapture.JPG

If I log in as the admin then I do get a reply box.

unfilteredmma.com/media/forum2.JPG

I have tested in chrome, firefox, and IE and it is the same in them all.

Here are the plug ins I have active on BBPress.

Hello Louie

Human Test for bbPress*

Google Analitycs*

BuddyPress Support Plugin*

Bozo Users

BB Wysiwyg Editor*

BBcode Lite*

Allow Images *

Akismet*

AdSense for bbPress *

* = active

Finally, Yes this is integrated with WordPressMU. The users can log in and authenticate but they cannot post replies or create posts? I’m sure this is really simple but I just can’t figure it out.

Thank you

I switched back to the default theme in hopes that would solve the issue but have had no luck. After I get this figured out I intend to switch themes but my thinking this would be easier to resolve with the default theme in place and I have not made any edits to it yet.

Go to your bbP dashboard and click on Users. What status are they in (they might be inactive)

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Finally, Yes this is integrated with WordPressMU

bbPress doesn’t officially work with WordPressMU.

I’m surprised and impressed you’ve got it working nicely :)

Quick question, are you sure you’re using bbPress and not in any way shape or form using BuddyPress? I knwo that sounds like a daft Question, but you’d be amazed!!!

kevin, I am using Buddypress, WordPressMU, and BBPress. I wish I could take credit for getting it working but I cannot I had someone else do it.

They all interact and I think that buddypress is the thing that bridges wpmu and bbpress but don’t quote me on that.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Ah right, there’s the issue.

If you use BudsyPress in any way we can’t help.

Their versionof bbpress, even though they kept the name, is very different from

this one. This one, doesn’t work with BuddyPress at all.

That’s why we ask, sorry, you’ll have to take this issue to the BuddyPress forum.

Good luck

gerikg,

I did as you requested and here is another thing that has me confused. The users are not in the list. If I search for users it will not find them. I can scroll through the list and find them but that is a pain with so many users.

Also if I try to sort by role it will tell me “No matching users were found!”

After going through the list you are correct they are not active. Does this meant that I have to activate every user individually? I would like it so that people that register on either bbpress or wordpress become members by clicking the link in an email and I don’t have to do them all manually.

Thanks,

Kevin, thank you. Interesting way to ask that question…

I am looking at the backend and at the files and I am pretty sure it is bbpress. Otherwise how would the default template from bbpress run on the site?

Why would the link in the footer bring me to this site if it was the buddypress version?

“Unfiltered MMA is proudly powered by bbPress.”

Thats interesting.

Maybe all this time I have had the wrong software going… Still interesting that BBPress is able to get the user info from wordpress but just not able to activate the members.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. Time differences and posting at night.

If your website in any way uses WordPress MU or BuddyPress – we cannot help.

bibliox
    Participant

@bibliox

Hey guys.

On my site’s forum unfilteredmma.com/forums I am having an issue for the users of the site. I can create posts and reply and so can some other users but not everyone is able to do so. For some people their is a reply button but it is not clickable and no create new post link.

Can you guys help me get this sorted out?

I did a similar search and found an issue but when it was resolved they never posted exactly what was going on.

Thanks,

i have the same problem, but today i was fixed it

thanks for all …

• This reply was modified 11 years, 5 months ago by bibliox.
    • This reply was modified 11 years, 5 months ago by bibliox.
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar