Search
Bottom

User role issue with WP/BP and bbPress – more Facebook like please

• Thorsten :-)
    Participant

@per4mance

Dear Support-Team!

I use WP 3.5.1 with BP 1.6.5 and bbPress 2.2.4

I just started the Forum integration with WP and BP – everything works fine. Coming to my issue.

1. I tested a user, registered in WP/BP as subscriber. I think this is standard. The same user gets the role for bbPress as participant. That’s standard too.

2. My test user started in BP a hidden group, so he’s the admin of this group. He activated the bbPress forum function for his own hidden group. Although he’s the admin of the BP group he cannot start writing any forum article because he hasn’t the rights for it. It’s only allowed to answer to articles other user made.

My suggestion is. That groups with its own forum, started by one person as admin, should have just the rights for this area. I see that bbPress rights are given for all forums in BP. But this isn’t fine because user should act more locally in their groups.

Note:
    If I start a group as admin in Facebook maybe, I’ve just control over this group and not over all other Facebook groups (explanation just for a better understanding).

Is there any way to change this?

Thank you for support

Best Regards,
    Thorsten

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Thanks, these types of deeper permissions will come in future versions of bbPress & BuddyPress.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar