Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User registration

• Hi all,

I have just set up bbpress 2.0 as a plug in to my WordPress website and it is working great.

However, I can’s seem to work out how a user (other than me) can register and log in to start a topic or reply to a post….

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Glyn

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I was being stupid!

I’ve worked it out….

I may also be stupid, cuz I can’t figure this one out…have looked at the settings, the users settings, the forum itself, not sure where else I should check. Documentation would REALLY be helpful. Even if it’s just basic stuff for us newbies.

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

The plugin is not finished yet, documentation will be made (available) when the plugin is done. For now you’ll have to look into the files and search this forum. Because this question has been answered already.

See https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-and-studiopress-genesis-can-someone-please-tell-me-if-this-works for instance.

In short: bbPress uses WordPress users, your users can register like they would normally for the WordPress installation. There are shortcodes for login / register pages though.

Hi wordchef,

What I had to do was to go into the WordPress Discussion settings and uncheck ‘Users must be registered and logged in to comment ‘.

When I did that it gave me the boxes to comment.

Cheers,

Glyn

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar