Categories
Search
Bottom

User ranks and user roles

• iphotonica
    Participant

@iphotonica

Hello,

First of all, my english is not 100% perfect, sorry if you don’t understand me, I’ll try to do it the best that I know.

I’ve spent several days looking for a solution to my situation, in fact I’m very upset with bbpress plugin, I thought this forum would have all classic and basic functions of a forum, but now my website is almost developed and I realise that this plugin is very incomplete. I don’t have time to start over with other forum plugin, I need help with this one.

Usually, forums have different user ranks based on the number of posts that user writes (for 50 posts — > rank 1; for 100posts —> rank 2…….) But in bbpress I didn’t find this function. I was trying to complete this function with a plugin, BBP AUTORANK is one of this, but i don’t want ranks based in points, I need ranks based in posts. Also I would like to add an imagen which represent each rank. Please, could anybody tell me any trick, or way or plugin to do this simple thing? Other of my problems with this plugin is that in case of keymaster, moderator, etc I don’t need to show the rank, only the role.

In fact I need to add one more role to bbpress forum, with almost the same functions that keymaster.

Please I will be very thankful if you help me.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

Adding another role can be achieved, but you’d have to use or write a plugin to do so. You could take a look at something like s2members, it can change a lot of member-related settings.
    But what I’m interested in is why you need another user-role?

For having members get ranks based on posts/replies might be achieved by using BadgeOS (Community Add-on). You can set a lot of custom achievements with it, so ranks might also be possible.

Robin W

@robin-w

what capabilities do you need for the other role?

see

https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/

It’s quite east to add, just let me know what you need.

On ranking, you can have no. posts quite easily using

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-topic-count/

iphotonica
    Participant

@iphotonica

Thank you for your answer, but…

-s2member: add new roles in wordpress members, not in bbpress members
    -BadgeOS: there is not way to do what I need with this plugin.
    -Bbp topic count: this is not what I need. I need to show a specific rank for a specific number of comments.

Thank you anyway.

Robin W

@robin-w

1. if you need these adding to bbpress roles, then as per previous:

“what capabilities do you need for the other role?

see

https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/

It’s quite east to add, just let me know what you need.”
    come back, and I’ll do a quick plugin.

2. On your rank thing, can you specify

the rank names you want
    what levels you want them at eg 50 posts
    what counts as a post – ie topic or topics and replies

and I’ll tinker with the posts plugin to display this instead as a one off, and maybe cut it into a more general plugin later

iphotonica
    Participant

@iphotonica

Finally I don’t need one more user rol so far, so forget about it. Thank you anyway.
    I’m trying again to adapt bbp autorank to my needs. I would like don’t show the rank for keymaster and moderators, only for participants, do you know if it is that possible?

Thank you again.

Robin W

@robin-w

The answer is yes, but I’d need to take a look at the plugin, and will try and do so over the next few days

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar