Categories
Search
Bottom

User count mismatch

• dosch
    Participant

@dosch

Hey,

I have the latest version of WordPress and use Multisite installation with 30+ users. The multisite has 6 different blogs and one forum powered by bbPress.

According to the Dashboard of the website with bbPress there are 32 users on the fora. But when I click on the ‘Users’ Tab there are only 4 users…
    Also users complain that they get errors while trying to start new topics…

Look here for a screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/screenshot20120917at154.png

Also in the superadmin dashboard of the network there are only three listed users, but it says there should be 32…

Any idea how to resolve this?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• dosch
    Participant

@dosch

hey hey. I now find that all the users that are ‘hidden’ can not post anymore… But I can’t delete and re-add them because they don’t show up… this is rather weird…

Please does someone has any suggestions on how to fix this…?!?

Go to Settings > Forums and enable “Global Access” to see if that fixes the problem.

dosch
    Participant

@dosch

Thnx for the tip, but it didn’t help… any other suggestions?

• This reply was modified 11 years, 7 months ago by dosch.

dosch
    Participant

@dosch

Ok, it did help a bit: users are able to post now. But the problem remains of the user-count-mismatch.
    Also I don’t want all the users of the entire network to be able to acces and post to the forum website… so global access is not the ultimate solution…

thnx for some more help on this one!

How do users register? Default WordPress registration form or a plugin?

dosch
    Participant

@dosch

I did it all by hand. Registration to the site is closed.
    And it worked fine for almost a year, until recently I discovered this. Probably I updated something, but sadly I can;t remember what and when this problem exactly started…

Can you give a list of the active plugins you have installed?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar