Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User admin: “Allow this user to”

• dark-siren-sally

@dark-siren-sally

When I use my keymaster account, and try to edit a user, there’s a part of the administration section that says, “Allow this user to” but there’s no form, text box or anything else to fill in after it. This line appears between “User Type” and “Custom Title”.

So what’s the point of the “Allow this user to” line? Looking at the code, it’s supposed to be for specifying specific user capabilities (like whether they can add posts, edit posts etc.) but it doesn’t seem to be fully functional yet. Is this expected?

If it helps I have the latest bbpress version, it’s 0.9.0.2.

Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Interesting – never noticed that before. You might want to log in and file a bug at trac.bbress.org.

The alpha release looks all different though. That line is no longer present and there are many other options on the profile page.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

The display of that empty option is suppressed in 1.0 when it isn’t available.

It’s only ever visible to admins anyway, so it wasn’t a huge deal.

Turns out there is an error in 0.9 that stops the “throttle_time” option from being set.

If you run this raw SQL on your database it should set the option to 30 seconds which will force a checkbox to show up in that form.

INSERT INTO bb_topicmeta VALUES (NULL, '0', 'throttle_time', '30');

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar