Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Use Forum Path for Topics URL?

• Kr3m1in
    Participant

@kr3m1in

I’m quite peeved that bbPress doesn’t have a url structure like this for topics:

website.com/forum/subforum/anothersubforum/topic-name

but rather

website.com/topic/topic-name

Is there any solution for this? (If plugin requests aren’t permitted here, please let me know kindly and I’ll remove it.)

• This topic was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by Kr3m1in.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• rezwiebel
    Participant

@rezwiebel

Hi, i have the same problem. Did you find a solution to get nicer URLs rather than the standard /topic/topicname-slug? If i add the forum prefix in forum options, i get /forum/topic/topicname and in forum overview /forum/forum. Not very nice. I would rather like: /forum/subforum/subsubforum/topicname Does anybody know?

• This reply was modified 11 years, 5 months ago by rezwiebel.

Kr3m1in
    Participant

@kr3m1in

No solution yet… I just ended up getting ip.board.

If there is a solution to this issue, I’d gladly switch back to bbPress.

Nate
    Participant

@caming

I need to speak up and revive this issue, because while I think Jacoby does an EXCELLENT job with this, PLEASE let me lend my 10 years of experience that began while building from scratch and sustaining a 10,000 plus online community (now with FOX Sports). I am a digital marketing manager professionally. I do it successfully.

I know what I’m talking about.

bbPress is an awesome product. But the URL structure, and the missing LOGICAL progression that should be Forum to child topic w/ understandable navigation, is ABSOLUTELY perplexing.

Please don’t give me the “build a plugin” talk, either. This is common sense.
    Forum > Forum Topic

I’d *LOVE* to hear a rational argument against this …

Kr3m1in
    Participant

@kr3m1in

Couldn’t have stated it better myself. I’m glad I’m not the only one here on my knees for an integrated and clean WordPress based forum solution (with rational permalinks, of course.)

Nick
    Participant

@nickchomey

9 years on, I’d still love to see this…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar