Categories
Search
Bottom

Upgrade to 0.9.0.1 killed all special caracters

• thierryyyyyyy
    Participant

@thierryyyyyyy

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the .9 version of bb_press, and all special caracters like “é,à,è” are now converted to things like “é”.

This is typic for a rookie webmaster that declare his page to be written in utf8 when it is written in ISO-8859-1 (or similar)

But I did not do this error, it worked perfectly before.

And now, newly created topics and posts are well displayed but in my database, it’s not written in good caracters. There are lots of �.

I checked the installation to be “fr_FR”, but I couldn’t expect that stupid thing to happen.

I think bbpress 0.9 added a “convert” filter, but which one is it ?

how could I desactivate it, in a manner that also disactivate it for the next upgrade ?

Thank you

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

You have to make sure your database character set and collation set in the bb-config.php file exactly match your databases character set and collation.

thierryyyyyyy
    Participant

@thierryyyyyyy

thank you !

actually, there was written in the bb-config ” If you are *upgrading*, and your old bb-config.php does not have these two contstants (BBDB_CHARSET and COLLATE) in them, DO NOT define them”

So I commented the 2 lines, but now, all the new posts (there are not so numerous) are with this nice caracter : �

Thanks anyway.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar