Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

update 2.3 problems

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I updated bbpress. Never had problems with the previous updates. Now, I have the following problems on my front page:

Oh bother! No topics were found here! (why has this appeared? Comes from div id=”bbpress-forums” and div class=”bbp-template-notice”

Even though my front page is checked for latest posts. It is now showing my forum summary page. Why is bbpress plugin superseding the wordpress of only showing latest posts?

I never changed anything in bbpress files.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

And there is a new search box above the new forum summary page. So now I have two search boxes on the page. One that is set by wordpress, and one that has appeared courtesy of the updated bbpress plugin

Is there any way to revert back to the bbpress plugin before this last update?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

The new search is a bbPress specific search and while the previous one is a WordPress search. Do you want to disable the bbPress one?

Can you provide me with a list of plugins you are using? That is likely the culprit at play here.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@kannued – Also, please include links to your site.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Previously only the wordpress search was on the page on the left side column. I thought that would be sufficient to search through bbpress posts especially with the plugin that I have, see below. I would like to disable the bbpress search box.

My plugins are bbpress, bbpressmoderation, bbpress topics for posts, en Spam, search bbpress 2.0, and wanguard.

Here is my link. http://www.canadianbookclubs.com/forums2/

Where you see the forum summary section, it used to be the latest posts.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

In my index.php, I eliminated the shortcode “ which got rid of the Oh bother! No topics were found here!

In my index.php, I do have the shortcode

If I eliminated that, would the front page show the latest posts?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Okay, how do I include code in the posts? I tried the “code” with the opening and closing tags around my actual code, but as you can see above, it removed the code totally.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

See this post regarding bbPress Moderation.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-2-2-4-to-2-3-created-a-big-problem/

The plugin is currently not compatible with bbPRess 2.3. The author has been notified and is working on a fix, but until then you should deactivate it.

Here is a snippet to hide the bbPress search box.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-2-3-now-available/#post-133171

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

When I removed the bbpress Moderation, nothing happened.

Thanks for the link on hiding the bbpress search box, Jared.

Now, all I need is to get my latest posts back on my front page.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I guess it is NOT the latest posts, which is wp, but the lasts topics of bbpress that used to be listed instead of the forum summary page.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Okay, I had to add shortcode bbp-topic-index to my index.php which brought the front page back to the way it was before the update of bbpress2.3. Why would this happen? I shouldn’t have to make coding changes every time there is an updated bbpress plugin. I never had to re-code after an update before.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar