Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Understanding templating.

• This may or may not be the right forum for this, but technical support seemed the wrong place. Anyway…

I have a template I am using for my website called Habitat (http://www.kriesi.at/themes/habitat/). It allows me to create a new page and use the template in full width without the sidebar. Now… I -can- use shortcodes to put my forum in a new page and set the template without the sidebar, but I cannot find a shortcode for the forum root (I have three categories) and each subsequent link click takes me to the /forum URL and plops the sidebar back in.

To whit, I cannot find an option anywhere in the bbpress plugin that allows me to set the template to use.

Anyone shed some light on this? TIA.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• amirsaam

@7i7griffin

Before anything read this all:

bbPlugin Shortcodes | bbPlugin Theme Compatibility

David

@tryingtoregister

nthfamous, bbPress looks in your active theme directory for a template from the following (in this order):

1. bbpress.php

2. forum.php

3. page.php

4. single.php

5. index.php

In other words, if you don’t have a bbpress.php present then it will look for forum.php, and then page.php and so on. Page.php is a standard so if you haven’t added any forum specific files already that’s probably what’s being called.

moneyonlinetalk
    Participant

@moneyonlinetalk

I don’t know if am going to get help here, but am busy looking for how to make bbpress forum be part of my wordpress site. But after installing the forum, creating it, all i get is ‘this forum is empty’ how can this be resolved? National Open University Nigeriaam looking to create a community where users can share informations freely. Is this possible?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar