unable to log in to wp after installing bbpress
I have had wordpress 2.2.1 up and running for a while. I just tried to install bbpress, using the table prefixes ‘wp_’, since I think that is necessary to have any authors registered on my wp site to be able to get on to bbpress, and vice versa. My bb’s config.php has the same database info as my wp’s config.
When I ran the install.php file for bb, I recieved some errors:
Now we’re going to create the database tables and fill them with some default data.
bbPress database error: [Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key]
ALTER TABLE wp_posts ADD COLUMN post_id bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment
bbPress database error: [Key column 'post_id' doesn't exist in table]
ALTER TABLE wp_posts ADD PRIMARY KEY (post_id)
bbPress database error: [Multiple primary key defined]
ALTER TABLE wp_tags ADD PRIMARY KEY (tag_id)
1. Created table wp_forums
2. Created table wp_topics
3. Created table wp_topicmeta
4. Created table wp_tagged
5. Changed default value of wp_posts.post_status from publish to 0
6. Added column wp_posts.post_id
7. Added column wp_posts.forum_id
8. Added column wp_posts.topic_id
9. Added column wp_posts.poster_id
10. Added column wp_posts.post_text
11. Added column wp_posts.post_time
12. Added column wp_posts.poster_ip
13. Added index wp_posts FULLTEXT KEY post_text (post_text)
14. Changed type of wp_tags.tag_ID from int(11) to bigint(20) unsigned
15. Changed type of wp_tags.tag from varchar(255) to varchar(200)
16. Added column wp_tags.raw_tag
17. Added index wp_tags KEY name (tag)
bbPress database error: [Unknown column 'post_id' in 'field list']
SELECT post_id, poster_id FROM wp_posts WHERE topic_id = 1 AND post_status = 0 ORDER BY post_time
bbPress database error: [Unknown column 'post_id' in 'where clause']
SELECT * FROM wp_posts WHERE post_id = 114
Now you can log in with the username “admin” and password “*Your WordPress password*”.
However, when I try to log in to my wordpress admin area as the ‘admin’ now, I receive the error:
“You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”
I am able to log into bb, but there are multiple errors on each page; this is repeated many times on the page:
“bbPress database error: [Unknown column 'post_id' in 'where clause']
SELECT * FROM wp_posts WHERE post_id = 0
I would just remove the bbpress completely, just to get wordpress login working again, but bb seems to have altered my wp user data?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.