Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unable to get bbPress to do anything

• Hey,

I tried this a few weeks ago, couldn’t get it to work and ended up using mingle.

Now for round 2, since my wordpress knowledge has increased I have decided to give buddypress / bbpress another shot.

My problem: I am using a purchased theme. WHen I install bbpress /forums/forum gives a 404 error. I create this page and insert the short code for index, it shows up. But if you click on a category, it goes to a blank page just showing the category (nothing below)

This is all in a child theme of my page

I have resaved my permalinks (currently set to %postname%).

I installed 2.1 same behaviour

I’m not sure if I had to create it, but I created a blank page “forums” then a child page “forum” where I’ve put [bbp-topic-index]

When I navigate to this page I can see the forum. I have a forum “general” with a post in it called “welcome” if I click on general I would think that it would likst the posts, but instead I just get a page titled general with no content.

Edit: Resolved – not sure why, but when I create a new forum or topic, if I don’t put some content in it, it won’t display the page. Maybe a theme thing

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar