Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Ultimate BBpress Guide

• As I did for wordpress many times in various customization articles and free released themes, I have begun to do the same for bbpress in support of the Automattic team and their excellent scripts.

The Ultimate BBpress Guide goes over installation, customization, and even demonstrates some things that can be done to modify the forum homepage. I tried to be as precise and accurate as possible, so if I made any mistakes anywhere let me know so I can get them corrected quickly.

Let me know if you find this helpful or not.

Regards,

+ astereo

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • great job man, just what I was looking for.

Great, thanks. Although I’m still having problems installing this :(

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/bookieb/public_html/bbpress/config.php on line 46

Line 46 (and further):

$bb->wp_table_prefix = ‘wp_’; // ‘wp_’; // WordPress table prefix.

$bb->wp_home = ‘www.bookieboy.co.uk’; // WordPress – Options->General: Blog address (URL) // No trailing slash

$bb->wp_siteurl = ‘www.bookieboy.co.uk’; // WordPress – Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // No trailing slash

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

great guide! I hope you keep it up

Shouldn’t have posted the problem here. But sometimes this laptop seems to have a mind of his own.

Dear astereo,

Great guide! One thing I would add, however, is what to do when there are errors, ie troubleshooting. For some reason I get stuck at the install.php file telling me “Cannot select DB.” This is despite the fact that I have followed the directions you mentioned (and those included on this website) to a T and have successfully installed WordPress, phpBB, and other php/mysql web programs with no problem. Also it seems like the member n2 is having the same problem. If the solution is found to this, perhaps it could be put in your ultimate guide, so that others do not fall into the same trap. Thank you.

If you’ve had experienced installing other applications and you follow the bbpress install guide from the site, you shouldn’t experience any problems.

abc, you’re problem lies in the database. Some things to check:

– Do you have “all permissions” on the database you are trying to install BBpress on?

– Is your mysql database username, password, and host (usually localhost) all right in the config.php file?

ed, the best solution for you is to use the original config-sample.php from the file and re-enter all the required fields. Usually “unexpected….” error messages come up if you deleted something you should have not, such as removing a ” ‘ ” from the outside of a url. Try filling in all the options and uploading as config.php again.

Tried this again, but still the same error :( This time I even used a text editor for coding, so I could see if there was something wrong.

Nevermind. I think I found it.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

No reason to bring this back from 4 years ago.

Locked.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar