Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Two questions: 1 – can I just have a forum without a category? 2…

• reallydolly
    Participant

@reallydolly

I am trying to set up my forum so it is just “Forum” with no categories. But the best I can do so far is Forum and a single category. Is there a way to do this?

And perhaps I might be able to find the answer to this question, and many others I am sure I will soon have, if I knew the answer to this next question — how do I search these topics? Geesh, I feel so embarrassed!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• reallydolly
    Participant

@reallydolly

Thank you for your reply. I had found and read that — or is that an auto response to every new post? I’ll keep digging.

reallydolly
    Participant

@reallydolly

I figured out the answer to question #2. Search within the category — no forum wide search? Really? Okay.

No it wasn’t an auto reply to your post.

I presumed what you were looking for is in point 4 of ‘Creating your first forum’ where you can define if a forum is a parent category or straight forum. In the case you were asking you simply create the forum as a forum and not a category.

https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started-with-bbpress/#creating-your-first-forum

> Adjust your Forum attributes. These are:

> Types: choose whether you are creating a Forum or category.

> Forum – can contain topics and be the parent of other forums.

> Category – can only contain forums (no topics). Use for organizing your forums.

> You may, for example, have a Category “Open Source Software” with the > Forums “bbPress” and “WordPress”.

And yes forum wide search is planned for a future release

• This reply was modified 11 years, 8 months ago by Stephen Edgar.
    • This reply was modified 11 years, 8 months ago by Stephen Edgar. Reason: quote formatting

reallydolly
    Participant

@reallydolly

And thank you again. I guess I need to read instructions three times!

In my case — thanks to your clarification, a forum wide search wouldn’t be necessary but it would be terrific here.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar