Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Two breadcrumbs are showing up

• cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I am testing the functionalities of this forum plugin to replace the one I am currently using.
    I installed it on a test site of mine, and strangely, when I use the url for the forum (which also strangely has /forums/forum/ in the URL) I get some odd behaviors:

1- when I use the url generated when I created some forums, I get a set of breadcrumbs for Home > blog and below that, I have the expected Home > Forum. I really don’t need the two sets of breadcrumbs, especially since they are not pointing to the same location

2- in following the previous point, the BLOG gets highlighted in the navigation even if I have made the FORUM the one element to click on to access this forum I created. Why is the blog being highlighted?

My test site is here: http://digiscrapcampus.com/main

Just in case it was something specific I might have done in the test site, I tried it on the live site (for 5 minutes) and sure enough, I also have two sets of breadcrumbs and the BLOG appears in the navigation.

I am using Headway Theme 2.0.15.

So far, I love what I am seeing, but would really need to get these odd behaviors fixed before implementing it on my test site. Can someone suggest a plan of action to fix those?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Lynqoid
    Participant

@lynqoid

You could hide the bbPress breadcrumb with some CSS.

.bbp-breadcrumb { display:none; }

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

If I do that, wouldn’t I end up with the Home > Blog left instead of the expected Home > Forum?

Lynqoid
    Participant

@lynqoid

If you want to hide the other breadcrumb then you can use something like: .bbpress #breadcrumbs

Otherwise you need to fix the breadcrumb at the top to pick up the correct place.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

Yeah. that is what I want: hide the wrong breadcrumbs and keep the bbpress one.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar