Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Trouble w/ users posting with Google Chrome?

• Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

Hey guys, just searching around and trying to find answers on another issue I’m having with setting up bbPress w/ BuddyPress on two different sites. Users on both sites are having trouble posting – – if they’re using Chrome. Thing is, apparently most of them are! If they switch to another browser, they can post.

Any direction you can send me in to try and learn more so I can remedy this would be appreciated, thanks.

Versions etc:

WordPress 3.8.1
    bbPress 1.0.4
    BuddyPress 1.9.2

Theme: Custom Community

I’ve tried it with all plugins deactivated except bbPress and BuddyPress and the problem persists.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Sorry to hear this.

Try it with a default theme such as twentytwelve.

If this fixes, then it is a theme issue.

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

I have been having a horrid time the past few days with Fonts by Google.

There is a known issue with fonts in Chrome 33 so if your theme is using custom fonts from Google this could be the issue.

All of my ‘development’ installs I gave up yesterday cursing and swearing far to much and have now installed the following plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/chrome-33-webfont-fixer/

I am not a happy camper with Google and Chrome at the moment…

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

I should have included in my rant that aside from the issue of fonts I have no problems writing topics or replies 😉

Switch your theme as Robin points out and test with same version of Chrome your users would typically be accessing your site with.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar